Most people can think of situations in life where they wish they had been more assertive, whether it involved dealing with a difficult situation at work or with a demanding friend or family member at home. This fantastic value short online course has been expertly designed to help people take control by becoming more assertive, leading to increased confidence and better outcomes in all the everyday situations they encounter.
What is Assertiveness?
Assertiveness is confident, positive behaviour that has nothing to do with the negative traits of aggression or passive aggression that do nothing but perpetuate stress and bad feeling. This course will teach you valuable strategies to develop assertiveness through mind set, body language and communication skills. This makes it ideal for individuals who need to work on their assertiveness skills as well as businesses who require a no-hassle training solution for staff. Gaining better assertiveness skills doesn’t just improve your life and career prospects, it has a positive effect on the people around you too.
How Does It Work?
All study takes place online, meaning you can get to grips with this important life skill at a time and a place that works best for you. You are completely free to study at your own pace and 12 months access to the course means you can revisit learning when you know you have a challenging situation coming up in either your work or personal life.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through the five hours of step-by-step modules to unlock the door to assertiveness.
- Start with a definition of what assertiveness is.
- Learn to make the important distinction between assertiveness and aggression or passive aggression.
- Find out how developing strong assertiveness skills can help you in your career and why it’s such a crucial asset in any workplace.
- Explore tips on how to use your new found assertiveness skills in a positive way, including how to achieve productive relationships with others.
- Discover strategies to overcome a flawed thinking process.
- Understand how assertiveness can be used to communicate effectively and persuasively.
- Learn how to use body language and listening skills in a positive way.
- Gain insight into how to acquire effective questioning and influencing techniques.
- Find ways to plan your assertive behaviour in different scenarios.
- Get great tips on how to exude confidence from a useful assertiveness toolkit.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Learn on all your internet-enabled devices 24/7.
- Technical support is available if you encounter problems.
- Study the five easy-to-access modules at your own pace and in your own time with no deadline pressures.
- Access to the course is for 12 months, meaning you can revisit learning whenever you need to.
- Mastering assertiveness won’t just get you noticed at work and boost your career prospects, it will benefit both you and others in all areas of your life.
Take positive action by signing up to the Assertiveness Skills Certificate today.
- Defining Assertiveness
- The Value of Assertiveness in the Workplace
- Identifying and Overcoming Flawed Thinking Processes
- Adopting Assertive Body Language and Exuding Confidence
- Assertive Influencing Techniques