A business process is a collection of related activities or tasks that will produce a specific service or product for an organisation’s customers. Good, structured processes help organisations achieve their goals, and the successful management of these processes is vital for any business.
This course will introduce you to business process management and how business processes can help your company by providing a higher level of quality and consistency. You will understand how to utilise various methods and tools to model, analyse, measure, improve and optimise business processes.
Lean Six Sigma
Lean Six Sigma is the combination of two methodologies, Lean and Six Sigma, and it is currently the world’s foremost process management methodology. In this course, you will identify how Lean and Six Sigma methods can assist in managing and improving processes.
Motorola first implemented Lean Six Sigma into its processes in 1986 and in seven years between 1987 – 1994, they reduced manufacturing costs by $1.4 billion. The methodology has since evolved to be applicable across any industry.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Define business process management and related concepts
- Recognise the vital role processes play in a business
- Appreciate the role of technology in process management
- Develop a vision to guide process improvement
- Understand how to design or enhance an existing process using the business process life cycle
- Construct a process map
- Perform what-if analysis
- Implement and monitor process changes
- Identify how Lean and Six Sigma methods can assist in managing and improving processes
- Use a variety of tools and techniques to eliminate waste and redundancies
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Learn the fundamentals of the world-renowned Lean Six Sigma process management methodology.
- Extracurricular resources given so you can build further on your newfound knowledge.
- Transferable skills through any organisation.
- Implement process management knowledge into any organisation, in any industry.