Project Management is a career path available in many different fields globally, including IT, sports, biotech, engineering, manufacturing, advertising, healthcare and insurance. This entry level training series will prepare you fully for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) by the Project Management Institute (PMI) exam, giving you a head start in your project management career, whichever area you prefer to work in.
Across 14 courses and a final training exam, candidates will cover the functions and features of Certified Associate in Project Management, as well as learning about the different specific areas of project management. This course series will also guide you through the CAPM-PMI application and what to expect from the exam. The result should be a confident pass when it comes to sitting that important exam (payable).
What qualifications do I need?
To qualify for the Project Management Institute CAPM certification candidates must have either (1) a secondary diploma (high school diploma or global equivalent) and 1,500 hours of professional experience on a project team, or (2) a secondary diploma (high school diploma or global equivalent) and 23 contact hours of formal project management education. Student will earn 21 continuing education units (CEUs) through completing this training series, which can count towards the contact hours requirement.
Will it improve my career prospects?
Becoming a Certified Associate in Project Management will immediately enhance your credibility in this area and demonstrate your effectiveness working on – or with – project teams. A certified project manager with provable skills and experience will stand out to employers recruiting for the 1.57 million new project management jobs expected to be created through 2020. The CAPM qualification also shows that you’re able to work at a global standard of project management, meaning that location is no barrier when looking for the perfect position.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through 14 video courses and a final training exam to fully prepare you for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) exam.
- Begin with a look at the CAPM application and exam, including what to do before the exam, the exam itself and knowing what to expect.
- Understand organisations and project management.
- Study the basics of project management.
- Look at the different types and aspects of project management including project integration management, project scope management, project time management, project cost management and project quality management.
- Continue to study further aspects of project management including project human resource management, project communications management, project risk management, project procurement management and project stakeholder management.
- End with a look at professional responsibility.
- Consolidate all your learning with a final training exam to earn a certificate of completion.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Get certified by the leading global membership organisation for professional project managers, the Project Management Institute.
- Prove your knowledge of the project management profession’s global standard.
- Demonstrate the standardised practices that have been shown to attain better results in project management.
- This course earns students 21 professional development units/contact hours/continuing education units.
- Project Management Institute courses count towards the contact hours required to sit the exams.
- This training also qualifies for 1-3 college credits applicable towards a degree program offered at American Business and Technology University (an online further education provider).
- PMI Certification prepares candidates for roles in a wide variety of project management positions globally.
- Training review quizzes and course workbook tools help consolidate learning.
- Earn a certificate of course completion by passing the final training exam.
- Candidates can study online where and when it’s convenient – this training series is ideal exam preparation for a busy professional.
- Technical help is available if required.
Manage your career prospects by becoming a Certified Associate in Project Management, with the help of this exam prep training series.
- CAPM Application & Exam
- Organizations and Project Management
- The Basics of Project Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Professional Responsibility