Care Certificate Standard 5: Work in a Person Centred Way Online Course
Learners will benefit from this Care Certificate Standard 5: Work in a Person Centred Way Online Course because it provides a simplified and straightforward understanding of the person centred way of working, while informing social workers about the requirements as well as the different needs of every patients.
In order to work in social care, it is important for carers to realize that there are certain values which are important and contributes to the care of others in a health and social care environment.
Care workers must always apply the following 6 care values to their work
1. Care – having someones best interests at heart as well as doing what you can to maintain or improve their well-being!
2. Compassion – being able to feel for someone, to understand them and their situation.
3. Competence – to understand what someone needs and have the knowledge and skills to provide it.
4. Communication? – to listen carefully but also be able to speak and act in a way that the person can understand.
5. Courage – not to have fear to try out new things or to say if you are concerned about anything.
6. Commitment – dedication to providing care and support but also understanding the responsibility you have as a worker.
Another way of looking at the 6 care values above is that each individuals must be at the centre of care and support. In other words, it must fit the individual, rather than the individual being made to fit existing routines or ways of doing things.
This is known as person centered planning and working. Person centred values tell you how to work in a person centred way.
Understand person centred values
Understand working in a person centred way
Promote and uphold the privacy, dignity, rights, health and wellbeing of people
Support the individual to maintain their identity and self-esteem
Support the individual using person centered planning
Work in collaboration with your colleagues to delivery a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare, care and support
30 – 60 Minutes
Book your Care Standard Standard 5 with Atom Training today!