Databases play a key role for businesses as they contain all the information which helps them to tick. Customer or client details, server information, employee details, and industry specifics are all kept in this secure hub of virtual activity. Databases are usually uniquely designed but all need to be easily accessible and searchable, making them a vital part of any organisation, including businesses, educational establishments and government bodies.
The CIW Database Design Specialist course provides vendor-neutral, entry-level training for IT professionals looking to specialise in database design and management. You will be introduced to many database systems and learn how to manage them, as well as learning about Structured Query Language (SQL) and database optimisation.
The CIW Database Design Specialist course is ideal for anyone looking to develop their knowledge in database design and management. It is especially useful to Software Programmers, IT Managers, App Developers and IT professional seeking to improve their knowledge of databases, or those looking to specialise in database optimisation as part of a wider business strategy.
CIW Database Design Specialist Exam
- 90 minutes duration
- 50 questions
- 75% required to pass
The CIW Database Design Specialist Exam is not included, but you can get in touch with us and we will tailor your package to include the examination for official certification.
The CIW Database Design Specialist course comes with Live Labs which will enhance your learning experience by helping you to implement your knowledge into a practical, risk-free environment, so that you can perfect your methods before putting them in place in the real world.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- A detailed introduction to databases and evolution, origins, file-based databases, in addition to information on the various management systems that businesses use.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) includes the basics as well as expanding on more advanced modules like retrieving data from relations, data control language and data definition language.
- The database design methodology and learn what makes both good and bad design practices.
- The differences between logical and physical database design along with their intricacies. Both options are explored so that you can fully understand the design process.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- Live Labs are included in this package to give you a hands-on approach to learning, implement your knowledge of designing databases in a risk-free learning environment
- We have the exam available for full certification, get in touch with us if you would like to tailor your package to include the official examination
- 24/7 course and lab access for one year, so you can study anytime, anywhere
- 24-hour, Monday to Friday customer support
- Develop a futureproof skillset in database design and management
- Tutor support is available via our Live Chat Tutor Support platform, get in touch to find out more!