Business websites are now essentially the virtual shop window, even for businesses that don’t offer eCommerce services (which is rare nowadays). Web design encompasses the skills needed to design, build and maintain a website and the webpages that sit on that domain, which is why these skills have become so sought-after in recent years with the rise in technology and the internet.
The CIW Web Design Specialist course will help you to develop the skills needed, building upon basic web skills, to learn the best practices of web design. You will learn how to get the most out of basic and advanced web technologies, including HMTL, GUI site development applications and client-side and server-side technologies.
This course is ideal for people who have a basic understanding of web authoring and development technologies to build on their skillset in the most effective way. It is intended for Web Designers, IT professionals, marketing professionals or business owners who are looking to build or validate their skills.
CIW Web Design Specialist Exam
- 70 minutes duration
- 70 questions
- 70% required to pass
The CIW Web Design Specialist Exam is not included, but you can get in touch with us and we will tailor your package to include the examination for official certification.
The CIW Web Design Specialist course comes with Live Labs which will enhance your learning experience by helping you to implement your knowledge into a practical, risk-free environment, so that you can perfect your methods before putting them in place in the real world.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- This course addresses everything from the website development process and the standards your customers will expect, to legal and ethical issues revolving around web development – Ideal for students and business professionals who prefer to have all of the ‘fine print’ covered.
- Understand the importance of key web design elements – consider how your prospective customers and clients are going to explore these three web design functions: usability, navigation and accessibility.
- Delve into the basic yet modern web technologies of today. These include: Hypertext Mark-up Language [HTML], Extensible HTML [XHTML] and extended technologies, image files, GUI site development applications, as well as site publishing and maintenance.
- Advanced web technologies are also explored in detail here – expect to brush up on the likes of multimedia and plug-in technology tools, as well as web databases, client-side and server-side technologies as part of this course.
- Learn how to navigate and use popular web design production tools like Microsoft Expression Web, and Adobe Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash – here you can indulge your creative streak!
- Website accessibility is crucial for capturing and maintaining the attention span of your customer, which is why aspects such as the extensibility of design tools, compatibility of these tools, open-source applications and the functionality of current web browsers will each be addressed – gain a thorough understanding of current issues relating to web design.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- Live Labs are included to ease you in to the world of web design, practice your skills in a risk-free environment that will help your creativity to flourish
- We have the exam available for full certification, get in touch with us if you would like to tailor your package to include the official examination
- 24/7 course and lab access for one year, so you can study anytime, anywhere
- 24-hour, Monday to Friday customer support
- Tutor support is available via our Live Chat Tutor Support platform, get in touch to find out more!