Control and Administration of Medicines Level 3: Overview
The Control and Administration of Medicines Level 3 course is designed to provide you with an understanding of the correct procedures to follow when prescribing and administering medicines, in both a social and domiciliary care home environments.
You will learn how to keep records of each administration, as well as all incoming and outgoing medicines, to ensure that the risk of error is minimized.
Within this course, you’ll also find the Knowledge Set for Medication course modules covered as defined by Skills for Care and Development in 2005.
Upon successful completion, you will require to be observed competently administering a range of medications.
- Safe medicine handling procedures
- Prescribing, checking, obtaining and dispensing of medicines
- Disclosure and patient confidentiality
- Patient guidance and support
- Medicine classifications and their properties
- Administration methods and competence
- Identifying and reporting reactions to, or between, medicines
- Consenting to secondary administration
- Staff and patient risk assessment
- 60 Minutes
Benefits of taking this course:
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment
- On completion, certificate can be printed
- Resit as many times as possible free within 12 months
- You choose the device; smart phone, tablet or PC
- You choose how long you want to study for at each session
- You choose which and how many of our e-learning courses you want to study
- It is cost effective and it saves time
- You can learn anywhere, 24/7/365
- It makes tracking of your course progress easy
- It is discreet