The Diabetes Awareness Programme is aimed to give all staff, supervisors and managers the essential knowledge needed to offer the very best professional approach to the management of diabetes.
This programme will help you to become more effective in many areas of your work, from understanding diabetes to helping others cope with it. If you are looking to enhance your career development in care, this Diabetes Awareness programme will give you the opportunity to look at parts of the job you may not currently be involved with.
The Diabetes Awareness programme is divided into nine core modules, each concentrating on an important aspect of diabetes. This is designed to be used as reading material to support workshop style delivery or as a flexible learning package, which you can work through at your own pace.
- The nature of diabetes
- Identification of people with diabetes
- Detection and management of diabetes
- Complications of diabetes
- Diet and nutrition in diabetes
- Management of diabetic emergencies
- Management of diabetes in the elderly
- Diabetic foot care
- Dealing with viruses
Why choose an online course?
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment
- On completion, certificate can be printed
- Resit as many times as possible free within 12 months
- You choose the device; smart phone, tablet or PC
- You choose how long you want to study for at each session
- You choose which and how many of our e-learning courses you want to study
- It is cost effective and it saves time
- You can learn anywhere, 24/7/365
- It makes tracking of your course progress easy
- It is discreet