Disability Awareness Training Overview
The Disability Awareness Training course is a great source of information and advice for organisations and businesses, to ensure that services, policies and procedures comply with equality legislation and to open up their services to a wider range of users.
Participants will complete the course with a general awareness of how to make services accessible and interact positively with disabled people.
- Understand your rights and responsibilities in regards to disability under the Equality Act 2010
- Understand different approaches to disability (medical & social model) and how this can affect the service you provide
- Understand how you can make your organisation inclusive and accessible to all
- Use appropriate language when interacting with disabled people
- Gain the confidence to interact with disabled people in all aspects of your organisation
- 60 Minutes
Why choose our online courses?
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment
- On completion, certificate can be printed
- Resit as many times as possible free within 12 months
- You choose the device; smart phone, tablet or PC
- You choose how long you want to study for at each session
- You choose which and how many of our e-learning courses you want to study
- It is cost effective and it saves time
- You can learn anywhere, 24/7/365
- It makes tracking of your course progress easy
- It is discreet