Every business needs great bookkeepers and getting qualified at the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) Member level is easier than you think with this fantastic-value online package. The course content will take you from total beginner to a confident and certified practitioner of advanced bookkeeping techniques.
Who is the Package For?
This course is perfect for career changers or those with some experience of bookkeeping who want to take their career to the next level. As the content guides you through the Affiliate status of the Level 2 qualification through to the more advanced skills of becoming a Member by passing the Level 4 exam, this package is ideal for ambitious people. No experience is necessary to begin the programme but a flair for and enjoyment of working with numbers is essential.
How Does the Course Work?
As soon as you achieve Level 2 status, you are qualified to work as an assistant bookkeeper under supervision. At Level 3, you can work unsupervised as an employed or self-employed bookkeeper. Achieving Level 4 status and becoming a Member proves your advanced skillset and commitment to career advancement. Level 2 involves three online assessments with Level 3 involving the same plus one centre-based assessment. Level 4 requires you to sit one timed exam.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through the 18 easy-to-access units of study to achieve Member status.
ICB Affiliate – Level 2 Certification in Bookkeeping (Course with Exam) (B1, B2, B3)
- Find out about the crucially important code of professional ethics.
- Gain an insight into the different structures of businesses.
- Get to grips with the legislation that applies to bookkeepers.
- Learn about the basic elements of a contract.
- Find out what the accounting equation is and how to use it.
- Learn to report on a cash business for income tax purposes.
- Get a useful overview of basic accounting principles.
- Become confident dealing with business documents including how to prepare them for goods supplied and check them for goods received.
- Tackle ledger accounts and the division of the ledger.
- Learn about books of prime entry and accounting for VAT in the ledgers.
- Find out how to use the analysed cash book for making and receiving payments.
- Learn to record petty cash and use two and three column cash books.
- Master how to use the trial balance.
- Get confident with health and safety, business set up, processing nominal ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts and generating reports when using a computerised accounts package.
ICB Associate – Level 3 Certification in Bookkeeping & Accounts (Course with Exam) (BA4, BA5, BA6, BA7)
- Get to grips with the ethical code and how to handle unethical behaviour.
- Learn the legal differences between different business structures and the main accounting principles that apply.
- Find out the rules that apply when processing VAT transactions.
- Master how to reconcile supplier statements and prepare a bank reconciliation statement.
- Discover how to use control accounts to reconcile sales and purchase ledgers and get confident correcting errors.
- Learn to reconcile the VAT account and complete a VAT return.
- Find out how to calculate and post adjustments to the ledgers.
- Explore preparing final accounts for non-incorporated businesses.
ICB Member – Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping & Accounts (Course with Exam) (ABA8, ABA9)
- Learn to prepare a set of final accounts for a limited company.
- Gain a full understanding of the nature of a limited liability partnership.
- Find out how to prepare a set of final accounts with incomplete records.
- Gain advanced skills in partnership accounts by learning to account for changes in a partnership.
- Learn to interpret financial statements for internal management purposes.
- Discover how to analyse and interpret financial statements.
NOTE: This course includes Sage Instant Accounts software which will be delivered 14 days after course activation. The courses we offer which include Sage software must require a windows based laptop/PC. The course will play on any device, however, you will not be able to complete the course without access to the software.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- The course content is optimised to work fast across all your devices.
- Work at your own pace, wherever you want.
- Enjoy both technical and tutor support.
- Take advantage of student membership of the ICB during the 12 months of course access and get an NUS card for a small additional fee.
- Interest-free payment plans are available to spread the cost.
- Gain confidence from practice assignments and mock exams before sitting the exams.
- Sage Instant Accounts is included in the package for delivery within 14 days of signing up.
- Passing the Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping & Accounts entitles you to upgrade to the career-boosting title, Member of ICB and use the letters MICB after your name.
- On completion of the package, you will be qualified to work as a bookkeeper for limited and incorporated businesses in an employed or self-employed capacity.
Sign up to the ICB Member Package – Level 2, 3 & 4 Advanced Bookkeeping & Accounts package today to start your journey towards ICB membership.
- Understand the importance of adhering to a code of Professional Ethics
- Understand the basic differences between the structures of different types of businesses
- Understand the importance of legislation that applies to bookkeepers
- Understand the basic elements of a contract
- Understand the Accounting Equation
- Understand the concept of reporting on a cash basis for income tax purposes
- Identify the various methods of payments and receipts to and from a bank account
- Understand the need for bank security
- Understand the basic accounting concepts
- Understand the purpose and range of business documents.
- Understand the need to accurately prepare business documents for goods supplied
- Understand the need to check business documents received
- Understand the purpose of, and make entries into, the ledger accounts
- Use a set of control accounts in the ledgers
- Understand the purpose of, and make entries into, the books of prime entry
- Understand the process of dealing with and accounting for VAT in the ledgers.
- Understand the use of an analysed cash book
- Understand the purpose and need to record petty cash
- Understand the purpose and use of the two and three column cash books
- Understand the purpose and use of the trial balance.
- Health and Safety
- Business Set Up
- Processing Nominal Ledger and Subsidiary Ledger Accounts
- Generate reports
- Understand the importance of adhering to a code of ethical principles
- Understand when and how to take appropriate action to cope with unethical behaviour
- Understand the legal differences between the structures of various types of businesses
- Understand the main accounting concepts that apply
- Understand the different rules that apply when processing VAT transactions
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Prepare a bank reconciliation statement.
- Use control accounts to reconcile sales and purchase ledgers
- Understand the need to correct errors
- Reconcile the VAT account
- Complete a VAT return
- Calculate depreciation
- Account for the disposal of fixed assets
- Understand the need to allow for adjustments to the accounts
- Prepare a set of final accounts for a sole trader from a given trial balance
- Prepare a set of final accounts for ‘not-for-profit’ organisations
- Prepare a set of final accounts for a partnership
- Prepare a set of final accounts for a Limited Company
- Understand the nature of a limited liability partnership
- Prepare a set of final accounts for incomplete records
- Account for changes in a partnership
- Understand the importance of interpreting financial statements for internal management purposes.
- Analyse and Interpret Financial Statements