Discover how the ITIL® framework can improve IT service operations for all stakeholders with the ITIL® Intermediate SO course. Focusing solely on the service operations element of the ITIL® library, this course gives students an in-depth understanding of how to apply the principles to their own operations, raising standards and consistency in the process.
Although anyone with the ITIL® Foundation level certificate can study the course, the ITIL® Intermediate SO modules will be of particular interest to:
- IT operations managers who need to implement or improve a service operations framework.
- IT service desk managers who will need to understand the ITIL® SO processes and their roles within that framework.
- IT consultants who are tasked with improving a client’s internal IT operations.
- Students who wish to complete the full ITIL® Intermediate qualification.
The ITIL® Intermediate SO course helps IT professionals improve their knowledge of the ITIL® service lifecycle modules, and gives them the skills and experience they need to build and deploy IT operations that fulfil genuine business needs efficiently.
The ITIL® Intermediate SO course uses over nine hours of e-learning content and 10 chapter end quizzes to help clearly communicate the ITIL® concepts. Once complete, students can use the two supplied practice tests to assess their readiness to sit the final ITIL® Intermediate SO exam required to achieve the qualification.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Over the course of nine modules students will gain a full insight into the ITIL® SO processes along with a basic understanding of how they fit into the wider ITIL® framework. Course focus then shifts to cover:
- Service operations principles – the factors that explain why systems and services are delivered in the way that they are and the value they provide to the business.
- Service operations processes – the way by which IT services are organised and delivered, such as event management, and using incident management to restore services quickly.
- Monitoring and control of IT operations to deliver the required services and to deliver corrective action when required.
- Management of the technology infrastructure in such a way that IT becomes an asset for service delivery, rather than a source of failure.
- Implementing a service desk and supporting structures to capture incidents and institute the remedial actions required.
- Identifying challenges and critical success factors, and creating plans that ensure they are all addressed according to ITIL® standards.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
By completing the ITIL® Intermediate SO course, IT professionals will have the skills and knowledge they require to build an ITIL®-approved service operation. In turn, students will:
- Design and build a service that assists with IT cost reduction.
- Create a consistent, high quality service operation for internal and external stakeholders.
- Be able to deliver efficient resolution for all incidents and problems.
- Reduce the time required to fulfil each service request by following the ITIL® escalation and resolution rules.
- Become more effective in their job roles, and open new opportunities that can make use of their new service operations management skills.
The ITIL® Intermediate SO course is essential for any service desk or IT operations manager who needs to improve their own services, or those professionals who are working towards the ITIL® Intermediate qualification.
The Swirl™ logo is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited.
- Course Organization
- Course Conventions & Agenda
- Introduction to Service Operation
- Principles of Service Operation
- Service Operation Summary
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- Operational Activities of Other Lifecycle Processes
- Service Operation Processes Summary
- Common Activities
- Common Activities Summary
- Service Desk Function
- Technical Management Function
- IT Operations Management
- Application Management Function
- Service Operation Functions Summary
- Service Operation Organizational Structures
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Technology Considerations
- Implementing Service Operation
- Service Operation Considerations Summary
ITIL,are registered trade marks of the AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS. All rights reserved. All ITIL courses are offered by itSM Solutions ATO of AXELOS Limited.