Develop the skills and insight needed to succeed in business as a balloon modeller. Gain an edge in this surprisingly competitive industry with a course that quickly pays for itself in bookings.
This is an ideal course for:
- People wishing to start or improve an entertainment business.
- Children’s magicians and clowns looking to expand and develop their skills.
- Buskers and artists seeking to increase profits and professionalism.
This is not a run-of-the-mill instruction on how to construct animals, but a full course detailing how to turn balloons into a profitable enterprise. By the end of the course participants will have learned all the skills required to twist fantastic, funny and fanciful models, and how to build a business around them.
Most other courses simply teach how to create models, but we go further. This is more than a how-to; it is a guide to developing a successful business, full of practical information and insider tips that aren’t taught anywhere else.
Discover the secret knowledge of successful professionals, including:
- Effective time management, booking, and contracts.
- Moving from modelling to creating an act, helping to guarantee repeat bookings and customer referrals.
- How one simple item can improve the quality (and price) of your act ten-fold.
Balloon modelling is not all about kids and clowning, either; stand apart from other balloon modellers by learning to ply your trade beyond the scope of children’s parties. At the end of modules, you’ll be ready to succeed where others merely scrape by, and upon finishing the whole course you will be fully skilled ready to turn simple balloons into a profitable business.
Key Learning Points
This course combines information on how to make balloon animals with practical instruction on establishing a solid sole-trader business. As with all our courses, students can study at an individual pace, and take their time to absorb all the information.
The course is split into two parts. In the first 11 in-depth modules, you will learn:
- What the balloon modelling industry is like.
- How to differentiate yourself from similar entertainers by tapping into current trends and maintaining an appeal to adults.
- The legal necessities of running a children’s entertainment business, and how to develop the required documents and policies.
- How to write a business plan (and why!).
- How to skilfully market yourself through multiple channels including social media.
- Financial concerns – what to spend, what to charge, tax payments and how to keep fiscal records.
- Skills for dealing with problems, challenges, accidents and difficult customers …and more!
With these vital business skills under your belt, you will then move on to learn how to construct a wide range of animals and accessories.
- Basic shapes such as the classic dog, rabbit and parrot.
- More complex creatures like elephants and reindeer.
- Multi-balloon models including a monkey in a tree, a turtle and a crocodile.
- Party favourites like pirate swords and fairy wings.
- Accessories and novelties such as hats, teddy bears and flowers.
- Financial concerns – what to spend, what to charge, tax payments and how to keep fiscal records …and more!
At the end of the course, demonstrate your learning with a short 30-question multiple choice quiz, and you’ll be qualified, ready to become a successful balloon artist.
Advantages of this course
As with all our courses, students have the flexibility of studying online at their own pace. Take the stress out of study with no textbooks and no deadlines.
- Differentiate yourself in the competitive world of children’s entertainment.
- Instruction from experienced industry professionals.
- Gain the skills needed to succeed in an industry where many struggle to survive.
- No prerequisite qualifications – this course is open to everyone, regardless of educational background.
- Interactive online learning platform means no books, no papers and no fuss.
- 24 hours customer service support 5 days a week.
- About the balloon modelling industry
- What it takes to make it in this line of work
- Why you must be able to separate your personal problems from your public performance
- Why setting up your own business is the only way to make it as a balloon modeller
- Why children’s parties are the most common types of work for a balloon modeller
- About adult entertainment at both formal and informal occasions
- How to make sure that you are up-to-date with the latest crazes and trends to keep yourself competitive
- About the different ways you sell your services
- What the best type of balloons are for making models
- How marker pens can make all the difference to your work
- About the equipment you can buy to help keep your bookings more organised
- Why it is a god idea to have your own transport
- Why it is important to arrive early to all of your booked events
- How to make sure that you appear professional at all times
- What is in the code of conduct laid out by Equity
- How to adhere to child protection standards
- What goes into a good risk assessment
- How to carry out a risk assessment
- How to rate a hazard in terms of severity and probability
- Who you need to protect in terms of health and safety
- What information you need to gather from your client when taking a booking
- The tools available to help you manage and keep on track of your bookings
- Ways to manage your time more effectively
- Why you should consider making clients sign a booking contract
- How to set different pricing strategies
- The sort of costs which you will face as a balloon modeller
- How to keep on track of your income and expenditure
- How to go about determining the prices that you charge for your events
- How to conduct market research
- What goes into a business plan
- Why it is important to be flexible
- How to add value to the service you provide
- About the types of insurance policies which you will need to take out when you set up a balloon modelling business
- What public liability insurance is
- Whether you need to pay national insurance
- How to fill out a tax return for your business
- How to make the most of social media and online marketing tools
- Why networking is still important
- Other ways to market your business which do not involve the internet
- What to include on your advertising material
- How to deal correctly with complaints
- How to approach every problem with the appropriate context
- What you should do if you haven’t taken many bookings in a while
- How to deal with last minute damage to equipment
- What the basic techniques of balloon modelling are
- How to twist balloons
- How to correctly pump and tie balloons
- Includes video tutorials
- How to make a balloon dog – picture tutorial
- How to make a balloon dog – video tutorial
- How to make a balloon elephant – picture tutorial
- How to make a balloon elephant – video tutorial
- How to make a balloon rabbit – picture tutorial
- How to make a balloon rabbit – video tutorial
- How to make a parrot balloon – picture tutorial
- How to make a parrot balloon – video tutorial
- How to make a crocodile balloon – picture tutorial
- How to make a crocodile balloon – video tutorial
- How to make a balloon reindeer – picture tutorial
- How to make a balloon reindeer – video tutorial
- How to make a balloon turtle – picture tutorial
- How to make a balloon turtle – video tutorial
- How to make a balloon monkey in a tree – picture tutorial
- How to make a balloon monkey in a tree – video tutorial
- How to make a balloon teddy bear – picture tutorial
- How to make a balloon teddy bear – video tutorial
- How to make a balloon biplane – picture tutorial
- How to make a balloon biplane – video tutorial
- How to make a balloon flower – picture tutorial
- How to make a balloon flower – video tutorial
- How to make balloon fairy wings – picture tutorial
- How to make balloon fairy wings – video tutorial
- How to make a balloon sword – picture tutorial
- How to make a balloon sword – video tutorial
- How to make a balloon twisty hat – picture tutorial
- How to make a balloon twisty hat – video tutorial