Concentrate on the upper body with this specialist diploma in upper body massage therapy that focuses on the head, neck and shoulders. Relieve the aches and pains of your clients by kneading the soft tissue and ridding them of problem knots, by becoming a qualified massage therapist in a matter of months. The massage courses that we offer all contribute to a well-rounded skill set that any prospective massage therapist can use to take the next step along their career path.
Six Hours of Online Study
With the six hours of course material available online, around the clock, students will be able to work through the diploma in no time at all. With the curriculum split across seven easy-to-manage modules, you will be able to study all aspects of upper body massage, in bitesize chunks.
Focus on the Upper Body
Cover the basics of massage therapy and then focus on upper body-specific elements, such as facial massage techniques and Indian head massages, to build your knowledge and expertise. There’ll always be a need for a good massage therapist – word will travel fast if your techniques are effective and with our courses, they will be!
Key Learning Points
Our Upper Body Massage course is ideal for anyone wishing for a stepping stone into the world of massage therapy. Whether you’re a complete beginner, in need of a rewarding career change, or wish to expand your existing knowledge, this course is for you. Follow seven key modules including Introduction, The Anatomy, Equipment, Techniques, Eastern/Indian Head Massage, Facial Massage, Back & Neck Massage.
- Get to grips with some of the basics of massage therapy, including the heritage and traditions behind the therapy and how effective it can be for both relaxation purposes and the treatment of various health conditions.
- Understand some of the fundamentals of human anatomy, including the various systems that work in harmony. Learn more about the skeletal system, its structure and where you can locate various areas for the purpose of massage therapy.
- Learn more about the equipment that massage therapists use as part of their profession, including the proper use of massage tables, and the various oils that are available.
- Understand more of the various techniques that will be used during your career as a massage therapist. Get to grips with massage strokes, and learn how to apply them effectively.
- Understand the principles of reflexology and its importance as a holistic therapy.
- Learn how to give an effective Indian/Eastern head massage and how the upper body works in synergy with the therapy during a head massage. Understand more about the background of the approach, including the inspiration that led to its development as an effective therapy.
- Learn how to perform skin analysis during your initial consultation with a new client and the importance of it with regards to a facial massage. Learn more about the importance of cleansing and pick up the skills required for effective therapy.
- Learn the correct techniques required for a back and neck massage, and how to perform a proper massage with optimum results. Understand more about the causes and issues associated with, back and neck problems.
Advantages of this course
- Online delivery means you can study when it suits you.
- A manageable six-hour course that can be completed alongside other massage courses, or alone.
- Video tutorials accompany every massage technique that students are introduced to, to help students learn the correct way of performing the therapy.
- Technical support is available, should you run into difficulty using the courseware.
- Gain the necessary skills required to go it alone and build a business independently as a self-employed massage therapist.
Build your massage therapy skill set and make sure that you’re head and shoulders above the rest, by signing up to this upper body massage course, today!
- What massage therapy is and about the heritage/ traditions of massage therapy
- How effective massage therapy can be as treatment and how it works
- The different types of massages and the different techniques they use
- What psychological and physical effects massage therapy has on the body
- About human anatomy and what it means
- All about the central nervous system and the role it plays in the body
- About the structure of the skeletal system and where to locate specific parts of the body
- About the different systems in the body
- About the equipment that is used in massage therapy
- How to use the equipment required for the job
- The different types of oil that can be used
- About the structure of massage tables and how to use them properly
- What kind of massage techniques you can use throughout your career
- About the different types of massage strokes that are used
- What other types of therapies can be used alongside massage techniques
- About reflexology and how to treat different parts of the body
- How to give an Indian/ Eastern head massage
- The heritage and inspiration that this type of massage was invented from and why
- How the upper body region works in synergy when giving a head massage
- What to do after you have given a massage
- Why you should always start with a consultation when giving facial massages
- How to perform a skin analysis
- About the need for cleansing
- Video guide showing you how to perform a facial massage
- How to give a proper back and neck massage
- The problems and symptoms that can cause back and neck problems or pain
- The correct techniques to use when giving a massage on a person’s back or neck
- How to satisfy clients who are in pain and need treatment
Courses that are IVCAS approved have been fully assessed and met the minimum criteria as set down by IVCAS for online and vocational courses. By taking an IVCAS approved course you can be assured that:
- The course has been assessed by an IVCAS lecturer or course professional to ensure it is of the highest quality.
- The course offers significant benefit to the end user and enhances the end users career prospects
- The course is compatible with all commonly used devices including Smartphone’s and tablets
- The course provider has made every effort to keep the course content up-to-date and factually correct.
For more Information