As all study is done online you don’t have to worry about getting to a classroom or fitting lectures around your other commitments – these courses fit around your lifestyle. Focusing on Excel, R and Python, you’ll finish your study with a clear understanding of factor analysis and its link to linear regression. You’ll also have developed important practical skills such as learning how to build robust linear models and do logistic regression.
What Courses Are Included?
The two courses included in this bundle are; Linear & Logistic Regression and Factor Analysis.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through two courses including nearly eight hours of intensive instruction to develop your skills in machine learning and data analysis.
- Study simple regression, including the method of least squares, explaining variance and forecasting an outcome.
- Continue to study residuals and assumptions about residuals.
- Learn how to implement simple regression in Excel, R and Python before looking at the results and how to avoid common pitfalls.
- Move on to multiple regression including implementation in Excel, R and Python.
- Learn to introduce a categorical variable in multiple regression.
- Look at logistic regression, including its application, the link to linear regression and machine learning.
- Work on solving logistic regression using maximum likelihood estimation and linear regression.
- Move on to learn how to extend binomial logistic regression to multinomial logistic regression.
- Learn how to implement logistic regression to built a model of stock price movements in Excel, R and Python.
- Study subjects in principal components analysis including Eigen values and Eigen vectors, and Eigenvalue decomposition.
- Continue to look at using principal components for dimensionality reduction and exploratory factor analysis.
- Work on implementing Principal Components Analysis in Excel, R and Python.
- Apply PCA to explain the returns of a technology stock like Apple.
- Learn how to build a regression model through finding the principal components.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Great value package including two complementary courses.
- Nearly eight hours of study instruction in total.
- Work through the courses at your own pace, fitting your study around your other commitments.
- Study online when and where it’s most convenient.
- Boost your skills in machine learning and data analytics, and quickly enhance your career prospects and progression.
- Technical support is available if needed.
- Learn to professionally trade and play the markets for best results.
- Add an additional IT skill to your CV – ideal for traders, data scientists and those working in analytics.
- Factor Analysis
- Linear & Logistic Regression