Develop the skills needed to become a fully qualified SQL Server database administrator with the official Microsoft Certified Systems Architect qualification. Upon completion of this intensive hands-on course, students will be ready to sit the exams required to achieve the MCSA qualification.
From the core fundamentals of querying tables through to building an enterprise-class data warehouse, the SQL Server database administrator course is perfect for:
- Database administrators who will build and manage SQL Server databases.
- Database engineers who will be responsible for implementing SQL Server databases.
- System engineers and developers who want to improve their skills and earn a vendor approved qualification.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and self-study resources, the MCSA SQL Server course is delivered online, making contents available anyplace anytime. As they progress through the course, participants will have their knowledge and progress tested regularly using flash cards and educational games This is combined with end of unit tests that ensure they have fully grasped the concepts being taught and are ready for the final MCSA exams.
We also provide a social networking platform by which students can share knowledge and experience, or have course questions answered by their peers. Upon completion of the course students will not only have mastered the theories behind SQL Server 2012, they will also have acquired valuable practical skills too.
Key Learning Points
The MCSA SQL Server qualification is built around three exams, and this course ensures students are fully prepared to sit and pass them all.
Training begins with the fundamental skills needed to access, manipulate and transform data stored in a SQL Server database. Students will learn how to:
- Use the Transact-SQL (T-SQL) scripting language to build efficient queries, stored procedures and views that return key information quickly.
- How to combine datasets, rank results and extend tables programmatically using T-SQL.
- Optimising T-SQL statements for the most efficient operation.
- Extending reporting and data transfer capabilities using XML exports.
The second section of the course introduces trainees to the technology that supports Microsoft SQL Server. By learning about the deployment and configuration of the underlying database server, students will:
- Be able to install and use add-on components, instances and services correctly.
- Build high-availability systems using AlwaysOn, mirroring and replication to keep data online at all times.
- How to protect information from loss using database backup routines as part of a comprehensive disaster recovery (DR) strategy.
- Securing data stored in SQL Server by configuring permissions, alerts, logins, roles and more.
- Practical troubleshooting, maintenance and optimisation techniques will ensure that trainees can deliver performance and reliability improvements for real-world deployments.
The final section of the course takes students even deeper with Microsoft SQL Server by teaching them about enterprise deployment scenarios, like how to build Business Intelligence (BI) solutions:
- Advanced data management techniques that keep information accurate like data cleansing techniques and using Extract Transform Load (ETL) package development and scheduling to provide data transfer and synchronisation services for enterprise-class system design.
- Using SSIS to manage package execution, task execution and scripts, and to automate and simplify database management.
- Maintaining server health using auditing, logging and event handling to assess and troubleshoot potential problems.
By completing these three modules, students will have the knowledge and skills required to sit and pass the three associated exams required to earn the Microsoft MCSA SQL Server qualification.
Advantages of this course
Web-accessible course materials allow students to follow the course at their own pace, in their own time. The MCSA SQL Server course provides:
- All the training and resources needed to prepare for and pass the MCSA SQL Server exams.
- The chance to develop real-world skills to complement database theory.
- Improved knowledge, skills and employment prospects with Microsoft-approved course materials.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance knowledge that ensures SQL Server operates at optimum performance with maximum reliability.
- Mastery of the techniques required to query and manipulate data using T-SQL.
- The knowledge and experience required to construct, deploy and manage an advanced SQL Server data warehouse.
The MCSA SQL Server course is an essential step towards achieving the MCSA qualification. IT professionals who want to improve their database management skills will find the course invaluable.
- Getting Started with SQL Server
- Working with T-SQL
- Writing SELECT Queries
- Working with SQL Data Types
- Sorting and Filtering Data
- Querying Data from Multiple Tables
- Modifying Data
- Working with SQL Server Built-in Functions
- Programming in T-SQL
- Implementing Stored Procedures
- Working with Subqueries and Table Expressions
- Working with Set Operators, Conditional Operators, and Window Functions
- Working with PIVOT, UNPIVOT, and Grouping Sets
- Managing Error Handling and Transactions
- Querying SQL Server System
- Optimizing Query Performance
- Identifying the SQL Server Platform
- Deploying SQL Server
- Configuring SQL Server
- Managing Databases in SQL Server
- Managing SQL Server Security
- Implementing Advanced Security Settings
- Applying Encryption and Compression
- Working with Indexes and Log Files
- Working with Backup and Restore
- Implementing High Availability
- Optimizing Server Performance
- Troubleshooting Issues and Recovering Databases
- Performing Advanced Database Management Tasks
- Introduction to Data Warehouse
- Creating Dimensions and Changing Granularity of Dimensions
- Creating Fact Tables and ColumnStore Indexes
- Implementing Data Warehouse in SQL Server
- Working with Integration Services
- Managing Control Flow
- Working with Dynamic Variables
- Implementing Data Flow
- Managing Data Flow
- Managing SSIS Package Execution
- Debugging and Troubleshooting
- Deploying Packages
- Securing Packages and Databases
- Working with MDS and Windows