Progress from database novice to Access expert in a matter of days with the Microsoft Access 2010 Online Training course. Specifically designed for people with little or no experience of Access or database design, this course will help them quickly master the techniques and principles of relational database design.
Students will be recording and retrieving data in no time at all.
This course is best suited to:
- Individuals who want to take their data management skills beyond spreadsheets.
- Employees who need to design and implement business-class desktop database systems.
- Power-users who need to manage a small database and train others in using Access.
- Home users who would like to use databases to manage their personal information.
Using a blend of interactive simulations, instructor-led videos and other self-study materials, the Microsoft Access 2010 Online Training course is delivered over the Internet, so that contents can be accessed anyplace anytime, whenever is most convenient for the student.
Students taking the Microsoft Access 2010 Online Training course can use the social networking platform to ask for assistance from other learners or to share their own knowledge and experience. At the end of this course students will have all the knowledge and experience required to build powerful Access 2010 databases from scratch.
Key learning points
The Microsoft Access 2010 Online Training course is divided into three sections, taking students from the most basic concepts of database tables, through to building data collection forms and up to the use of macros and data validation routines. Using a step-by-step approach, each new concept builds upon the last, helping students acquire new skills in a logical way.
The introduction section of the course takes students through:
- Understanding table creation and design.
- Finding, editing, sorting and filtering data.
- Building table relationships and enforcing referential integrity to keep data “clean”.
- A basic introduction to functions and using the formula creator.
Once the basic concepts have been properly understood, the Intermediate section introduces concepts like:
- Using aggregate functions and totals to simplify calculations.
- Building forms using the forms wizard to simplify data collection and display.
- Using form controls to create a true application interface for the database.
The final, advanced stage of the course focuses on creating reports, data access pages and macros, along with advanced database management techniques.
- Building reports, and using calculations and graphics to improve the appearance of data.
- Building macros and assigning actions to form buttons, increasing the functionality of database applications.
- Importing and exporting data.
- Using the SQL language to manipulate data in the database directly.
Advantages of this course
The Microsoft Access 2010 Online Training course is the perfect introduction to desktop database design and operation. By completing this course, students will have mastered intermediate and advanced database techniques, so they have the skills and experience required to build genuinely useful applications and reports.
Other benefits of completing this course include:
- The ability to build relational databases and forms that simplify data capture and display.
- The skills to generate advanced reports that provide additional insights from the data in the database.
- Knowledge and experience that can be used to train other employees in using Microsoft Access 2010.
The Microsoft Access 2010 Online Training course is an essential step towards building database systems that fulfil genuine business needs and generate additional, valuable insights from corporate data.
In this course, you will become familiar with the basics of using the Microsoft Access program. You will learn how to use and design tables and create various types of queries over them for purposes of an effective information retrieval.
List of Lessons:
In this course, you will learn advanced techniques of designing tables and queries. You will acquaint yourself in depth with the creation and use of forms.
List of Lessons:
This course focuses on the creation of reports, data access pages and macros. It will also familiarize you with the options for database management, data import and export, as well as with the SQL language.
List of Lessons: