Infection Prevention and Control for Clinical Staff Overview
This Primary Care Infection Prevention and Control for Clinical Staff provides an opportunity to review in more depth the use of standard infection prevention and control measures.
This course deals with the fundamentals and principles involved in preventing healthcare associated infections. You will also learn how you should manage them, and apply your principles of infection control knowledge in practice.
- Explain what a healthcare-associated infection (HCAI) is and how these infections spread
- Describe the impact healthcare-associated infections have on patients, your duty of care to patients and management in the workplace that can prevent the spread
- Describe how healthcare staff can help prevent infections from spreading
- Explain what asepsis is
- Describe how hand hygiene, personal protective equipment management of blood, body fluids, sharps, the environment and care equipment helps prevent the spread of infection
- Know about roles and responsibilities with infection prevention
- 30 Minutes
Why choose an online course?
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment
- On completion, certificate can be printed
- Resit as many times as possible free within 12 months
- You choose the device; smart phone, tablet or PC
- You choose how long you want to study for at each session
- You choose which and how many of our e-learning courses you want to study
- It is cost effective and it saves time
- You can learn anywhere, 24/7/365
- It makes tracking of your course progress easy
- It is discreet