Anyone who has suffered from tense muscles and pain rooted deeply within their soft tissue will agree that, sometimes, only a massage will do. The techniques learned by massage therapists all over the world help to relieve this pain and with courses including this one, you can take the necessary steps towards becoming a qualified massage therapist yourself.
Explore Specialist Massage Techniques
With the help of our online course, you will be able to learn more about the various massage techniques available and how to apply them to clients effectively. Learn about a diverse range of specialist massages and possible issues to be aware of and take your time working through the nine different modules which make up this comprehensive course. After approximately six hours of study, any prospective massage therapist will be able to perform specialist massages, ranging from sports massages which can help with various injuries, to pregnancy massage that can be a lifesaver for expectant mums.
Massage Your Way to a Rewarding New Career
Perfect for anyone wishing to further their massage expertise, or as part of a career change, our diploma course in Specialist Massage will help you on your way to expert level. If you have the drive to work hard and have an empathetic ear and good people skills, you have the key features needed to flourish within the massage industry.
Key Learning Points
This nine module course is designed to suit anyone with a passion for massage therapy – from complete beginners wishing to learn specialist techniques as well as the basics, to those who have already completed our other modules encompassing full and upper body massage. Modules include Introduction, The Anatomy, Equipment, Techniques, Sports Massage, Anti-Cellulite Massage, Pregnancy Massage, Medical Massage and Baby Massage.
- Touch on the basics behind massage therapy, including the associated traditions, some techniques that can be used and the physiological and psychological effects of massage therapy.
- Get to grips with human anatomy and its many aspects, including the role of the central nervous system, skeletal structure and outlining specific areas of the body.
- Learn more about the equipment that massage therapists use on a daily basis, including the massage table and the myriad oils that are available and their uses.
- Understand some of the massage strokes you will be using with confidence and how massage can be used alongside other holistic and more orthodox therapies.
- Understand the meaning of sports massage, why people require sports massage therapy and how to give an effective sports massage. Identify some of the common anatomical problems that can be relieved with sports massage therapy.
- Learn about how anti-cellulite massage therapy works and how to give a good anti-cellulite massage.
- Learn more about the advantages that a massage can have when a woman is pregnant and how to perform one effectively. Understand the risks that are present and who should avoid them.
- Understand how important it is to cater for specific groups of people, including those suffering from various illnesses. Learn more about how massage therapy can benefit these groups and what precautions, if any, need to be taken.
- Touch on the topic of baby massage – how it can be beneficial to both baby and mum, what techniques can be used and when baby massage should be avoided.
Advantages of this course
- Online study ensures complete control over when you wish to pick up and work through, the course material.
- Courseware is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year – you can study whenever and wherever you like, at the click of a button.
- Build your confidence, as well as your skill set, with various specialist techniques, so you can offer your client a broader range of therapies.
- In-depth video tutorials ensure each technique is delivered with complete clarity. Visualise the massage technique so that you can perform it correctly, every time.
- Technical support available if and when, you need help with the courseware.
Take the next step in your journey towards becoming a fully qualified massage therapist and sign up for some specialist massage knowledge, today!
- What massage therapy is and about the heritage/ traditions of massage therapy
- How effective massage therapy can be as treatment and how it works
- The different types of massages and the different techniques they use
- What psychological and physical effects massage therapy has on the body
- About human anatomy and what it means
- All about the central nervous system and the role it plays in the body
- About the structure of the skeletal system and where to locate specific parts of the body
- About the different systems in the body
- About the equipment that is used in massage therapy
- How to use the equipment required for the job
- The different types of oil that can be used
- About the structure of massage tables and how to use them properly
- What kind of massage techniques you can use throughout your career
- About the different types of massage strokes that are used
- What other types of therapies can be used alongside massage techniques
- About reflexology and how to treat different parts of the body
- What a sports massage is and what it encompasses
- Why people will need sports massage therapy
- How to give a proper sports massage
- How to identify common problems in the anatomy associated with sports massage treatment
- What cellulite is and how it is caused
- How Anti-cellulite massage therapy works
- How to give an anti-cellulite massage
- What to avoid when giving an anti-cellulite massage
- The advantages this can give to pregnant women
- Necessary precautions to ensure maximum safety for clients and yourself
- Who should avoid pregnancy massage
- An in depth look on how to give a pregnancy massage
- The importance of being able to accommodate for special groups
- How to give a medical massage to specific groups
- How massage therapy can help different types of illnesses
- Extra precautions that you may need to take
- How to give a baby massage
- What to avoid when giving a baby massage
- How it can benefit both mother and baby
- The techniques that should be used
Courses that are IVCAS approved have been fully assessed and met the minimum criteria as set down by IVCAS for online and vocational courses. By taking an IVCAS approved course you can be assured that:
- The course has been assessed by an IVCAS lecturer or course professional to ensure it is of the highest quality.
- The course offers significant benefit to the end user and enhances the end users career prospects
- The course is compatible with all commonly used devices including Smartphone’s and tablets
- The course provider has made every effort to keep the course content up-to-date and factually correct.
For more Information