Boost your WordPress expertise and create an elegant, user-friendly website that’s just perfect for getting across the message of your business, product or personal project. WordPress is the go-to website for thousands of people all over the world and with its easy-to-use navigation tools and professional results, it’s easy to see why. That said, there’s more to creating a competitive, eye-catching website than just clicking on the first theme you see and adding a few photos. That’s where our comprehensive, easy-to-understand course comes in.
Do I Have Time For It?
Taking the time to learn with our online course will save you far more time in the long run than if you try to pick things up as you go along. Also, our online course, that’s split into 9 easy-to-navigate chapters, is available for you to work through at your own pace at any time within the 12 months you’re signed up for. This means you not only have the flexibility to learn wherever and whenever suits you, you can easily revisit earlier chapters on a need-to-know basis whenever you want.
What Will I Learn?
The course is designed to cover four of the most commercial theme families on the web – StudioPress, ElegantThemes, WooThemes and Thesis. You’ll discover all the places where theme customisations are stored in WordPress and all the security essentials you need to be aware of when working in WordPress. Also, you’ll get to grips with how to create tables in WordPress and ways of implementing sliders. Finally, sourcing high quality content for your website won’t be a problem after you’ve explored our guide to finding professional standard graphics that don’t cost the earth.
Key Learning Points
- Find the theme that suits all your website needs as you become confident and competent when it comes to WordPress theme selection and customisation.
- After finding out all you need to know about the important task of choosing a theme, move on to our StudioPress Build chapter where you’ll learn about Associate and Genesis themes, populating home page widget areas and adding a slider.
- In ElegantThemes Build, master all you need to know about these beautiful, premium WordPress themes.
- WooThemes Build focuses on the WooThemes Fresh News build before moving on to other WooThemes examples.
- In OptimizePress Build, you’ll get a handy tour of OptimizePress before finding out how to create a sales and squeeze page.
- The ThesisBuild chapter will help you decide whether you should be using Thesis 1.8 or 2.0 before taking you through adding header and navbar, meteor slider, center-page 4×2 table and footer widgets.
- CSS Styling gets you savvy with the Firebug CSS Inspector tool and creating CSS overrides.
- Weaver Build gives you a Weaver theme tour and Weaver theme options.
- Finally, explore the area of responsive themes.
Advantages of this course
- Build business and personal websites with ease – and save money by not having to pay someone to do it for you!
- Being able to create stunning, user-friendly websites is a fantastic confidence and CV-boosting skill to add to your repertoire!
- Our interactive online training gives you the chance to gain practical experience before you use the software in real life. This kind of learning is proven to be far more effective than traditional methods.
- Our fill in the blanks and multiple choice style questioning makes it easy for you to test and monitor progress as you work through the course.
- Prove your new WordPress know how with a Course Completion Certificate available for £10.
- Learn at your own pace, within a 12-month period, whenever and wherever you want!
Unlock the wonderful world of WordPress themes today by signing up to our WordPress Theme Selection & Customisation course.
- How to Choose a Theme
- Outside Tour of Associate Theme
- Inside Tour of Associate & Genesis Themes
- Populating Home Page Widget Areas
- Adding a Slider
- Other StudioPress Examples
- Outside Tour of Elegant Themes Feather Theme
- Inside Tour of Feather Theme
- Populating the Home Page
- Other Elegant Themes Examples
- WooThemes Fresh News Build
- Other WooThemes Examples
- Tour of OptimizePress
- Creating a Squeeze Page
- Creating a Sales Page
- Thesis 1.8 or 2.0?
- Thesis 1.8 Installation & Quick Tour
- Adding Header & Navbar
- Adding Meteor Slider
- Adding Center-Page 4×2 Table
- Adding Footer Widgets in Thesis
- Firebug CSS Inspector Tool; Creating CSS Overrides
- Weaver Theme Tour
- Weaver Theme Options
- What Is a Responsive Theme?