|Modules||Bronze Package||Silver Package||Gold Package||Distance Learning|
|Health and Safety Level 1 Course|
This module consists of the lectures followed by a test at an accredited test center.
|CITB CSCS Test |
It is a multiple choice test on health, safety and environmental issues.
|CSCS Card |
Most contractors require their staff to have a CSCS Card to work on their sites.
|Duration||6 Hours||7 – 8 Hours||1 – 2 Days*||1 – 2 Days*|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Level 1 Award – Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
General InformationThe Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment provides learners with an essential foundation in relevant matters of health and safety. It is suitable for individuals wanting to work in the construction industry and those already employed in the industry seeking to renew their knowledge in this area.
The course last 6 hours and is delivered by fully experienced tutors with many years of experience in construction. This coupled with their honest and fun teaching methods give you a higher chance of passing and starting your future in this ever growing industry.
It should be noted that this course is required in addition to and not instead of the CSCS touch screen test.
- The course will finish with multiple choice test (40 questions – 30 minutes) set in exam conditions.
- You will receive your results straight after the test and receive a certificate within 5 working days
- You will now have the qualification so you can book your Health, Safety & Environment Test
- The one-day course will be held at our training centre located on the 4th floor in The Clockhouse, Barking
- Key Terms
- Legal Responsibilities
- Reasons for Good Health and Safety
- Fatalities, Injuries and Ill-Health
- Risk Assessments
- Method Statements
- Slips and Trips
- Working at Height
- Moving Vehicles and Mobile Plant
- Work Equipment
- Manual Handling
- Noise Vibration
- Hazardous Substances
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Health and Safety Signs
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Welfare Facilities
- Personal Hygiene
- First Aid
- Reporting Accidents and Ill Health
CITB CSCS Test
The CSCS Test is a multiple choice Health, Safety & Environment Test. It is computer based and will assess you on areas of health and safety and hazards which are relevant to your specific trade. The basic CSCS test is the Operative CSCS test which is taken by the majority of workers including bricklayers, labourers and carpenters.
The CSCS test is designed to improve health and safety awareness and reduce accidents, injuries and fatalities on construction sites.
CSCS has implemented important changes to their current Green Card scheme from the 1st July 2014, The Green Construction Site Operative (CSO) card has been discontinued and will no longer be issued. They has introduced a new Green CSCS Card called the ‘Labourer’ Green Card and is only available for people working as a Labourer on any site that operates the CSCS carding system.
This qualification was developed by industry in partnership with the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB). From 1st July 2014, people wishing to apply for a CSCS Green Card need to:
- Pass a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment qualification or Hold a valid Site Safety Plus Health & Safety Awareness Course certificate and Pass the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment test within two years of applying for a new card
- The Gold package includes help with the application for the green Labourer CSCS card after you have completed the course with us. Please bear in mind that it may take up to 2 weeks to receive the card via post.
There are no set requirements to undertake this qualification however we recommend that learners have a sufficient English reading and writing skills.