Level 2 Award for Upskilling a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
In March 2012 the SIA announced the intention to require existing door supervisors who had achieved the pre-QCF Door Supervision qualification (for example the National Certificate for Door Supervision) to undertake additional training in order to renew their licence.
This means that from 4th February 2013, all Door Supervisors who qualified prior to June 2010 will need to complete this course before the SIA will renew their license.
The HABC Level 2 Award for Upskilling Door Supervisors has been accredited by the regulators of England, Wales and Northern Ireland (Ofqual, Welsh Government and CCEA) and is part of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
To complete this qualification learners are expected to undertake 18-hours of learning (3 days)
The course consists of two units. The units are outlined below:
• Unit 1 – Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
• Unit 2 – Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry
These include identifying the differences between defensive physical skills and physical interventions, the importance of dynamic risk assessments in situations where physical intervention skills are used, effective deterrents to terrorist activities and duty of care requirements when dealing with children and young people.
Subjects covered include
These include Counter terrorism, First aid awareness, Dealing with children and young people
The qualification is aimed at learners aged 18 and over due to age restrictions on applying for an SIA licence.
In order to register on to this qualification, learners are required to meet the following entry requirements:
Learners must have sufficient language skills before being put forward for assessment. As a guide, learners should, as a minimum, have language skills equivalent to the following:
• a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
• an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
• an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
• Functional Skills Level 1 in English
• SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5
• Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1.
You will attend your Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors exam which is assessed by a 10-question multiple-choice examination which is set by HABC and marked by the tutor.
You will do your Physical intervention training and examination.
Please be aware that there will be activity and physical contact involved within the Physical Intervention unit. With this in mind, you are advised to wear suitable comfortable clothing including appropriate footwear and not to wear any jewellery which may cause harm if caught such as dangly earrings or necklaces.
You must also be able to provide personal photographic identification and proof of address – details will be sent to you in your welcome pack.
For group bookings or if your want us to do in-house training for a company please call on 02085915140 to discuss a quote.